DIGITAL KILN COMMERCIAL STUDIO (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Digital Kiln Commercial Studio at Staffordshire University, College Road, University Quarter, Stoke-on-Trent Staffordshire, ST4 2DE.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
* Information that you provide by filling in forms using our website, Software, apps and any associated services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Software, apps and any associated service, posting material or requesting further software or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website, Software, apps and/or associated services. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
* Details of your access to any website, software, apps and/or services provided by us including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, browser type, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To ensure that content from our website, Software, apps and services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
* To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
* To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our website, Software, apps and associated services, when you choose to do so.
* To notify you about changes to our website, Software, apps and associated services.
* If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
* If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Digital Kiln Commercial Studio or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.